Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today was the best 30th birthday ever! It started out a bit wild - I somehow thought that if I needed to leave for work at 6 that I should get up at 6. My schedule is so wild it's amazing I manage to ever get the right location on time. So I got ready in 10 minutes this morning. Probably didn't look my best but that's okay. I got to work in labor & delivery today. Today was the day of pre-term laborers and teenage moms. We weren't optimistic about seeing anything. They tend to want to keep those pre-termers in. Happy surprise, at 7:30 I got to go in to observe a C-section. I'll admit, I almost cried. Later in the day I got to be in a vaginal delivery. I was there for all the pushing and I'm telling ya - this girl was amazing! She didn't have any drugs and hardly made a sound. There's not much I can say but wow! And maybe that I'm a bit scared to have a baby. Throughout the day I got tons of texts and messages! It was great to be so remembered! After work I met up with some friends at Claimjumper and had some amazing desserts. It was a great day and Theresa is planning a party for Saturday night. Should be super!!!
My first day in hospital scrubs - so much more comfortable than uniform scrubs!
Birthday Dessert with (L to R)
Theresa, Adriana, Elizabeth, ME, Kira, Karen, Jamie, Chris

1 comments:

Jen said...

So glad you had a great day! We miss you!!!!
Wow, to think there are different comfort levels of scrubs...I had no idea!