Sunday, December 07, 2008

Thanksgiving

I couldn't decide where to go for Thanksgiving this year so I went to two. Good decision on my part. I enjoyed prepping for dinner on Wednesday night and then the socializing and appetizers at Wendy's house then went tripping over to my friend Amanda's house for dinner with the girls. I didn't manage to take pictures at Amanda's but don't worry, I adore those girls so they'll creep up at some point.

This Thanksgiving was bittersweet for me. I've been living in Arlington for almost 2 months now and I love it but this was my very first non-family Thanksgiving. Not bad for being a 31 year old but still a bit sad. I also learned on Wednesday night that my Grandma was in the hospital, quite sick. It was the first time I've felt homesick. So I tried to think of things I'm grateful for. It's not hard... Here's a short list...

I am grateful...

1. to have a testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. To know I'm my Heavenly Father's daughter and I have a place and a mission here on this earth.

2. to belong to a family (extended included) who loves and supports me. Even when I'm crazy. Or far away. Don't know what I would do or where I would be without you.

3. to be the aunt of Jonny, Crewe, James, Rebecca, Dayne, and Isaac. I love each of them more than I can express in words. I think of them often and missed them terribly. I am so grateful for eternal families and to know I get to keep them forever (even if their technically not mine).

4. to have a job I love.

5. to work with people I like.

6. to get paid to make people feel better. And to give shots and start IVs (I really enjoy doing that).

7. to have wonderful new friends in Arlington.

8. to have best friends.

9. to have roommates I like and a comfortable home (and a comfortable bed!).

10. for cell phones with free long distance so I can stay close to my family and friends.

11. for the temple. Especially with it being so close.

12. for fall leaves and snow flurries.

13. for Gold's Gym.

14. for laughter - if I couldn't laugh I would probably cry.

15. comfy sweats.

Patty, Julie, Michelle working on the Thanksgiving prep. We made a gratitude turkey, wassal, 100+ orange rolls, and a cheese ball.
Patty and Michelle shaping the gratitude turkey.The gratitude turkey "pre-feathers".
"Helpful Henry" aka Ty. He did make three trips to the store...
The gratitude turkey "post-feathers".Ty and I at Thanksgiving dinner #1.

0 comments: