Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas Vacation - Day 1

I worked Sunday night until 10:30p then dragged myself home to finish packing and to get some sleep before heading out to CA. I managed about 3 hours of sleep then drove myself out to Dulles to catch my 8am flight. So grateful to be leaving that particular day as the weather had suddenly turned obscenely cold. So I arrived in CA by early afternoon and thought, I'll go home and nap then go see the kiddos. Right... So C jumped in my arms before I even made it through the door (I LOVE IT!) and an hour or so later I packed C and D up and headed up to visit Little R, Uncle S and Aunt K in their new house. We met up at Taco Bell - a first for me in years. Not bad actually. S got out the snake in an attempt to entertain C and the photos started. It's so good to be home.

R and D on the favorite Dora couch. They were showing us their shoes.
D looks like she's trying to get away with something... Not sure what but that is my phone.
Baby D showing us her shoes. She doesn't usually run around in just her diaper and shoes but that's what happens when you pour your sippy cup of water all over yourself and your aunt didn't pack extra clothes...
Baby D and Uncle S holding Moe the snake.
C and Moe
R was a little more brave and let her daddy put Moe around her neck. She freaked about half a second later.
Christmas photos - C's idea. Maybe you had to be there but it was pretty funny. Remember when Mom and Dad used to make you all line up in front of the Christmas tree and take a family picture. The only thing missing in this photo is someone being "naughty" and someone crying.

1 comments:

jody said...

Darling children but we will be right out to get those kids if you let that snake be around them again:)))