Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Inauguration

It was a cold, early morning. Not as cold as I would have anticipated and all bundled up as I was, not bad. We met up and walked and walked and walked from Arlington (near the cemetary) to the National Mall. Military guards monitored the bridge and, just a note, you can't take pictures of the pentagon, not even of the fence. There were people and potties, plenty of potties for the people. We walked to the Washington and mingled with the crowd then down to the WWII Memorial to watch the Inauguration. Building pyramids and Brady Bunch lines kept us warm and entertained the crowds. One boy asking me to move as I was in his shot, the shot I set up. Hmm. Amazing that many people in one place and no arrests. Grateful for the peaceable change of power.

0 comments: