Thursday, January 29, 2009

Night Life

I've been working nights for the past month or so. I enjoy the night shift, it's usually a bit quieter, less chaotic, and people tend to be more relaxed. I'm also a night owl so staying awake is easy and I don't have to get up early in the morning (a great way for me to be unintentionally grouchy). I'm finding a problem with the night life though. All I do is work and sleep. Even on my days off. I've been off since Monday morning and my productive hours probably only add up to about 8. I've read a book, watched tv, paid my bills, etc but I've barely left the house. It's like being sick and having to stay home without actually being sick (though I have had a sore throat and stuffy nose). And I haven't seen anyone, except my roommates in passing and my coworkers, since last Tuesday (9 days ago). I don't think I like this. I'm going to have to come up with some kind of schedule and force myself to stick to it but I just haven't quite figured that out yet. And yes I'm up. I have to work tonight and should be sleeping but I got bored last night and went to bed...

And I just spilled Diet Coke all over my keyboard. Yeah.

1 comments:

Dorothy said...

whoa! That sounds hard!