Monday, February 09, 2009

25 Random Things About Me...

Facebook has a "tag" going around - 25 Random Things About Me - I had to be tagged a few times before I managed to write my list but here it is...

25 Random Things About Me...

1. I have a special smile I get when I see people I love. It's my favorite smile.
2. I miss my nephews and nieces terribly. I think about them all the time, wonder how they're doing, what their doing, what their learning, and wish I could be there to witness it all.
3. My family (extended included) is comprised of my favorite people in the world.
4. I love the gospel of Jesus Christ. There is nothing more sacred to me than my testimony.
5. I'm a night owl and sleep better during the day. Since working the night shift I have slept better than I've ever slept before. It's a good thing. Now I just need to figure out what to do when I'm awake at 4 am.
6. I love to read.
7. My happy place is lying on the back of my daddy's boat on a sunny day on Sandmound slough, listening to the quiet, the kids, the water, the birds, ahhh....
8. I love my job. I especially love poking people with needles. Don't ask me why, I just do.
9. I think respiratory secretions are revolting. So is poop, urine, and vomit but respiratory is far and away the grossest. It's the sound that gets me. (Oh, and just a side note, when you give a urine sample it's really nice to wipe off the container and wrap it in a clean paper towel before you hand it back to the nurse. And EVERYONE should wash their hands after using the bathroom).
10. I have a chronic post-nasal drip that makes me cough. I hate it.
11. I'm allergic to almost everything that grows. I love being outside anyway.
12. Going to London and Paris changed my life. Not in any huge or spectacular way but I just feel like I understand who I am just a little bit better.
13. All I ate in Paris was bread, cheese, and chocolate. Best days ever.
14. I broke my teeth falling down steps outside my apartment. That was 9 years ago and I'm just now coming to the conclusion I'm a klutz (people have been telling me for years but I didn't believe them).
15. I would do anything for my friends.
16. I love to smile and laugh. It's not hard to make me laugh and I count it a great day if I'm sore from laughing.
17. I hate to cry. It gives me a headache.
18. I love Jane Austin books and movies. I have enjoyed every version of "Pride and Prejudice" I've ever seen except for the Bollywood version. I thought it was weird.
19. I'm good at making decisions and indecision drives me bonkers.
20. I've learned not to run away from my challenges.
21. I want to marry someone who makes me laugh thunderously (one of my favorite Jonathon comments).
22. Driving fast makes me giddy. Driving a sexy car makes me weak. A beautiful man driving a beautiful car makes me swoon.
23. I saw "Twilight" 4 times. I swooned at the part where Edward drives up and rescues Belle (see #22) I liked it better every time I saw it. I've read the series twice. I'm a bit embarrassed to admit it.
24. I love clocks. I'm rarely on time but I love clocks.
25. I love the sound of the rain and the coziness of snow falling.

1 comments:

'Cembers Thoughts said...

hey you. guess what? we are going out your way in april/may. we'd love to meet up with you, even for an hour. let's get together, yeah yeah yeah