Saturday, August 26, 2006

Busy Week

Last week was a bit hectic. I'm struggling to write about it in essay form so here's a brief overview.

* = a good thing. The more stars, the better the thing
- = not such a good thing.

***Got my hair cut off. I've been growing it out for almost a year and couldn't stand it any longer. My stylist let out a sigh of relief. She just humors me whenever I say I want to grow my hair out. One of these days I'll tell her, "Let it grow" and she'll cut it anyway. She's always right.

***I bought my very own and very first laptop (my first computer purchase). It's a Toshiba with a DVD/CD player/burner, Centrino, Microsoft Office, Spyware... It's fast and has lots of memory and a pretty screen. I'm happy.

*************I started school!!!!! I love going to school. I love beautiful books and good lectures. I love hearing something new and having it spark a question, that sparks another question....

****My nephew Crewe is having his birthday party today!

-I'm not particularly good at finding cells under a microscope.

*At least I ask good questions when I finally see something under said microscope.

------My bum wasn't designed to sit on a bar stool for 4 hours.

-My organic chemistry teacher took 3 hours to explain safety in the lab. I may start wearing safety goggles at all times. Not the best fashion statement but when I inevitably fall down, blow up, break something or poison myself my eyes will be protected.

-----My nephews came over while I was at work and I wasn't able to come home to see them. Two days later I said I was going to come over and didn't. Three days after that I said I was coming over and was 2 hours later than planned. Favorite Aunt status may be in jeopardy.

****Did I say I love my hair and new laptop?

**I told my employer next week will likely be my last.

--I drove to and from Hayward twice/day last week. I seriously hope gas prices plummet. In the meantime, thank heavens for Costco gas.

Like I said, a bit crazy but mostly good. I'll try and post more of my daily observations in the future. New laptop will come in handy for that.

0 comments: