Friday, March 30, 2007

Contacts Update and Sequoia Trip

Thanks for all the advice and encouragement for my new contacts. I went for my check-up on Tuesday and the prescription was wrong. I'm not totally surprised. My eyes were super watery and blurry from having a foreign object in them - it's amazing they were even close. The new contacts are much better and my doctor ordered one with astigmatism correction for my left eye. The problem we have is my astigmatism is not quite bad enough for them to make contacts to correct it but bad enough that it really bothers me. My left eye is pretty close though so my doctor wants to try the contact as my eye will make less of an adjustment with it than it currently does. So I'm sticking with it and each day is a bit better.

Other than the contacts, it's been a pretty exciting week. Last weekend I went to Sequoia National Park with some church friends. It was so nice to get away! We drove down on Friday night and went to the park on Saturday. Amazingly enough, no adventures to report - we didn't get lost, have car trouble or any real drama. Almost felt like something was missing... Four of us managed to wear bright red/orange shirts so we looked like a family at an amusment park. Anyway, I would highly recommend visiting Sequoia and would love the chance to spend more time there. The trees are amazing - my description wouldn't do them justice so you'll just have to go yourself.

My friend Kristen invited me to go climbing in Yosemite the same weekend as Sequoia and since I'd already committed I convinced her to take me another time. I've been nervous about this climb as it's 3 pitches and 200 (or so) feet and thus motivated to practice. This week I climbed a 5.8 on one of the high walls at City Beach. For those of you who don't know - that's pretty dang great! You can all revel in my coolness - it's okay.

Last, but certainly not least, today I was rearended. Yes, someone had the audacity to hit the back of my employer's car while I was driving. I don't think it's going to be a big deal - but it certainly made for an exciting day!

0 comments: