Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Lest you think my life is all challenges and disappointments I thought I'd give you an update on clinical. I DON'T HAVE CRAZY INTENSE NURSING INSTRUCTOR HOVERING OVER ME AND STRESSING ME OUT FOR THE REST OF THE SEMESTER!!!!!! Wow, that felt good. My clinical group is divided into 2 groups. The first part of the semester I had crazy lady and now I have, worst lecturer in the program but really good clinical instructor. I just took a deep breath. I was assigned to a new grad nurse on Monday (Nazi Instructor flipped out) so I had to get a new patient today - Mellow Instructor didn't make me complete a new write-up. YEA! Somehow I managed to do one anyway - just because I wanted to figure out what was wrong with him but I did it at the hospital not at home. In addition, she doesn't hover (I think I may have mentioned that) and she gives positive feedback. Actually, while observing my assessment she counted respirations for me. I wouldn't have known except I told her I'd have to go back and get them as the patient wouldn't stop talking and I wasn't able to count. She told me not to worry - she counted for me! Besides clinical instructor greatness, the unit I'm in is way more mellow. Not less intense but less chaotic. It makes a huge difference. It's a much smaller unit and the nurses interact with each other more. It just feels like a better environment to me. If I were a patient - it's where I would want to be. I don't think I want to do med-surg but if I do, I want to be on that unit.

So I completed my assignment that's due tomorrow and I'm going to watch Bones and House and eat pinenuts. Not a bad day. Not bad at all.

1 comments:

Kristin said...

Okay, so funny you should mention pinenuts...just this week I was thinking it has been years since I had pinenuts the grandpa way and I sure wished I had some.

Glad clinicals have improved for you.

And in regards to your last post...I'll keep you in my prayers. Though my struggles have been different, I do know what it is like to wait on the Lord. To feel like you are trying to follow His will while wondering if the parts of your will that are important to you will be fulfilled, and if so, when and how. That's where our faith and obedience are challenged and stretched, and where our testimony and relationships with our Father in Heaven and Savior really grow, if we allow then to.

Go forward in faith. The Lord is mindful of you.