Monday, October 29, 2007

Where do I belong?

I've been in Tucson now for about 5 months and have found some friends and even a boy to like. About a week ago I realized that my friends and I are just friends (again) and that I needed to find some people closer to my age and experience. So tonight I went to an FHE group for 30-45 year olds. The guys that were there were all well over 40 and no more socially developed than they were as awkward 20 somethings. Not to say they weren't nice but no real hope either. Now I know I came to Tucson to go to nursing school but I did hope that I would find a social group and, more importantly, someone to date and marry. My hopes are pretty shattered right now. It took about all my fortitude to not stop by Scott's on the way home to plead for a chance. I'm still waiting for him to call. He went from calling 4-5 times/week to 8 days with no calls. Not much hope there either. Sorry to be such a downer but since the only people who read this are those who know and love me - I thought I could be honest about what's really going on in my life.

P.S. I did see Scott at the Halloween Party and was optimistic but since he hasn't called since - well, I'm 30 and not married - so not so optimistic.

2 comments:

chickadee3357 said...

I wish I could offer you great advice, but as I have no experience with how you feel, I don't feel I am in a position to help as much. But I do know my brother is marrying a 30 year old (she'll be 31 when they get married). Also, something that applies to most things in life...faith in the Lord's timetable (like me and wanting another baby and Steve not).

kandj said...

Also - faith in yourself! I love reading all about your interesting experiences in nursing school and I really think that you are doing something great. You are going to make a real difference in people's lives and I really look up to you for that. That, in itself, will bring joy to your life if you let it.