Monday, November 10, 2008

New Calling

I was called to serve on the Mid-Singles Activities Committee. I'm actually really excited about this particular calling. I hope it will give me the opportunity to get to know people from all over the area and get the inside scoop on all fun things. Of course those are selfish reasons on my part but I'm also looking forward to seeking out and finding ways to include those who are less inclined to participate and contribute to the inviting environment that I have so enjoyed the past month I've been here. I was lucky to have an "in" because of Ty. I know most people don't enjoy the easy transition I have had. Hopefully, I'll be able to help others feel more welcome and ease their way into a circle of friends.

And yes, I still feel icky but thanks to my own personal physician (Ty) and pharmacist (my new friend Jen) I now have drugs to help me feel as good as can be expected. Thankfully I get to work from home today. One more day to rest and recover.

0 comments: