Saturday, November 08, 2008

This past week has been less than fun as I have been down and out and totally pathetic with sickness. I'm not a very good sick patient. I'm very complainy. It started out about 10 days ago with some nausea. By Friday I was very nauseous and tired and having trouble with food. So bad my boss sent me home from work - much to my dismay. Over the course of the next few days I became more and more afraid of food, more and more nauseous, and had loads of very uncomfortable stomach pain. By Monday I was down to white food only and even that made me nervous. Also, extremely tired. So I went to work on Tuesday, EKG class, which was okay but not great. Wednesday I just couldn't make it. So I went to the doctor/Physician Assistant who told me I had gastritis and probably gallstones. Seriously. So for those of you who don't know, gastritis is inflammation of the stomach lining. We believe mine was caused by the copious amounts of NSAIDS I've been taking all my life. So the bad news is, no NSAIDS for me ever again. NSAIDS being Tylenol, ibuprofen, naproxen, etc. The good news is, I didn't have a GI bleed. So anyway, I keep thinking I should feel better soon and but I don't so I'm whiny.

A couple of my friends just called and invited me to go to a masquerade party tonight. Maybe if I lay low all day I can swing it.

Oh, and the weather here is incredible. It's been sunny and beautiful and cool and crisp and the trees are various shades of red and yellow and orange. Love it. I'll take pictures one of these days... Maybe when I feel better.

0 comments: